Monday, January 12, 2009

It's just too good

It's an ongoing hobby of mine. They pop onto my screen, and I may have a few extra minutes to engage them. After all, looking for stock photos is easy. Looking for very specific ones can take hours. Looking for the kind I need for my "project" is...hilarious? I like to think I'm giving them a break from the mundane.

My chat with a Getty Images Chat Assistant

Chat Information—Thank you for choosing Getty Images. You are now chatting with Erik.

Erik: Hello! How can I help you today?


Jermaine: hey erik, i was hoping you could help me find an image today?

Erik: Ok Jermaine, what were you looking for?

Jermaine: ok, well, i need an image of a really smart looking pair of shoes

Jermaine: like really smart, as in almost like you can tell the shoes have a high IQ

Jermaine: like maybe the shoes are wearing glasses, or maybe even the shoes are solving a math problem

Erik: Ok give me a moment, this may be one for our research department, but give me a minute to see what I can find.

Jermaine: maybe the shoes are wearing a lab coat and mixing formulas, or the shoes are looking into a microscope looking for a cure for pancreatic cancer

Erik: Ok I am not really seeing anything like that, would you like me to submit a request to our research department?

Jermaine: do you have images of shoes?

Erik: Yes we sure do. I can give you a link to images of just shoes if you like?

Jermaine: do you have images of shoes doing things? like tap-dancing or looking smart?

Jermaine: or solving quadratic equations?

Erik: No we probably dont have any images of shoes solving quadratic equations, let me know if you would like me to submit a research request for "smart" shoes and I can certainly do so.

Jermaine: what about an image of a guy walking with shoes on? Please help

Erik: here is a guy walking with shoes. sb10069764j-001

Jermaine: ok, hold on let me look at it

Erik: Is this project for a client of  [edit]?

Jermaine: it's more of a personal project

Erik: Ok sounds good.

Jermaine: so you're telling me you have images of guys walking with shoes, but you don't have an image of shoes wearing glasses scoring a 1600 on the SAT's?

Erik: Yes Jermaine that is correct.

Jermaine: what if i said there's a crisp ten spot in it for you? then would you tell me where you keep the special photo collection?

Erik: If only it were that easy. 

1 comment:

Troy McNeil said...

Put the other one up